Monday, May 04, 2009

Review of the Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux

I have just completed an analytical reading St. Therese of Lisieux's autobiography.

On the whole, I enjoyed it and found it insightful. Written simply and straightforwardly, there are no logical problems to complain of. It is part narrative, part theology. I focused on its theology, but in the future I'll study it as narrative.

There are a couple of things that I'm taking away from this book. One his her "Little Way" – her small acts of self-denial to please and charm Jesus and his Church. Another is her ability to find joy and peace in the midst of suffering, and the various purposes of suffering.

Here are some notes I took on the book, presented as an index (keyed by page number to John Clarke's 3rd edition).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home